2015 equinox P0010 HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylert003

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my fiancé has a 2015 equinox with the 2.4 (I believe) car doesn’t get driven very much and somehow some way it was ran low on oil, engine light came on and car stalled. I went and put oil in it then changed the oil as soon as I got it home, engine light still on. I disconnected the battery for 10 or so minutes and cleared the code, once the code was cleared car did fine, no stalling or anything, the next day the engine light came back on and I connected the scanner and has code P0010 current. I’m just curious on what I need to check first, I’ve heard everything from replacing the CPS to it being out of time. Car seems to run well when you’re going but if you come to a stop or reverse slowly it will stall and die. I’m just curious if anyone has had a similar issue and what needs to be done to fix it. I work on ATV’s and side by sides for a living so I’d prefer to be the one turning wrenches since I’ve worked at the Chevy dealer local to us and would prefer it never went in their service department. If anyone has any tricks or info I am all ears. Thanks in advance!

LH7TD

Reaction score
P0010 is a generic OBD-II code indicating an issue with the engine control module (ECM) detecting a variation in the mechanical timing between the crankshaft and bank 1 camshaft.

Creeprcris

Reaction score
Most likely the low oil caused the camshaft actuator solenoids to kick the code. Check oil frequently and never go by the oil life indicator. Change it no more than 5k or so

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts