2010 Equinox battery problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Well, the stabilitrak problem that I originally started this thread about happened again last night. My wife was driving down the road at about 40mph and the Equinox just died. She coasted it to the side of the road. Luckily she was in a neighborhood, not on a highway. All the same lights came on as before. We had roadside assistance tow it (for the 3rd time in 9 months). Dealer checked it out today and said the transmission was "dead". They said it would be in the shop 2 to 3 weeks.

We have our first baby on the way and due in July. The last thing I want is for my wife and baby to be driving down a highway at 70mph and the Equinox do this again. So we went in to the dealer and worked a trade. The dealer and sales lady(whom our family has now bought 5 vehicles from in a year and a half) paid off what we still owed on the Equinox. So we started with a clean slate. We opted for more room than the Nox this time cuz of the baby and got a 2012 Traverse. It won't be ready until Monday, but it looks just like this:

2012Traverse1.jpg

We are very happy and excited about the new Traverse!

DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way about bashing the Equinox. We loved our Equinox and everything about it! But it had some very serious problems (all stemming from the defective transmission, I believe). It was a comfortable, sporty, and cool vehicle, but it had a 1 in ~1,000 problem. I'd love to own a Nox again, but a little extra room with a baby will be nice!

Hopefully you guys won't throw me off the forum now that I'm one of those "Traverse" dudes:anitoof:

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
nice trade.
I was changing the oil tonight and see I have a trans leak. Grrrrr

Members online