2010 Chevy Equinox v6 3.0 Reduced Engine Power/Replace Stabiltrack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My wife got this error message on Friday, December 20th on the way to work going about 70 mph and the engine started slowing her down. She pulled over and gave me a call. So I called the dealer and asked them if I should have had it towed. They said it would be best since we don't know what the true issue was and the vehicle would be limited to 20 MPH at this point.

Chevy road side assistance towed it in for us. Our car is still under warranty and at the time before holiday travels is had just under 82k miles. Normally at the dealer I had sent my Nox to where my brother works, I thought that I would be illegible for discounted labor but apparently only Dad's & spouses get that... :025: Mostly since the error message said reduced engine power, for sure this would be covered under warranty. But it wasn't... :shooter:

They were working on it Saturday and we were supposed to be leaving to the inlaws on Sunday. I made the mistake of thinking they would discount to me a little on the labor(because of my brother working there) and telling them to do the work before thinking about it.

I should have marched down there and limped it to my brother's shop and replaced it myself for under $150(PN# 12616994).

What makes me mad about all this is that at 11:27am on Saturday when I told them to do it I then talked to my brother about doing it ourselves. I called back before 12pm and they were claiming that the work was done. The bill had 3 hours on it... :wtf:

According to All-data the job only pays .7 hours.

So moral of the story, if any of you have this issue and they will not cover it by warranty. Do it yourself! It is easy to get to.

The reason for it going bad is carbon build up and it messes up the sensor(cam shaft/positioning sensor)? that is attached to it. They only way to replace that sensor is to replace the throttle body.

We love our vehicle and am not disappointed in it that this part went bad. We've had 80k+ problem free miles on it thus far and this by far is a inexpensive repair. It is disappointing the way this dealership is going about it and I won't be back.

08PILOT

Reaction score
Our 08 Sport did that on Vacation once. We had to
replace the gas pedal assembly. Cured ours, but at
that time we had around 60K, they wouldn't cover.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Our 08 Sport did that on Vacation once. We had to
replace the gas pedal assembly. Cured ours, but at
that time we had around 60K, they wouldn't cover.

When I had it towed in they asked me if it had less than 75k on it. Lead me to believe if it did that they would have taken care of it...

Did I mention that my brother could have bought the part for about, $114 from GM. #SMH

But I don't know that... :killer:

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Great info my friend thank you! Its pretty rare to get info on the 3.0L, even more rare now that the 3.0L has been replaced with the 3.6L.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yes this is true. I think the 3.0 is a great engine and I am impressed with it for its size and displacement.

I think that if nothing comes from this I might form a petition of those who have had their throttle body replaced to send to the government. I know GM will not want this to happen because if it were to be a recall issue that they might rather take care of my repair as well as others quietly.

bradstuart2303

Reaction score
Chevrolet Equinox offers an EPA-estimated highway fuel economy rating of 22 MPG city/ 32 MPG highway on the standard 2.4L DOHC 4-cylinder engine with FWD along with an Eco button you can press to maximize efficiency.............

Eat this... (Dietz4ibanez) was here... Lol

Members online

No members online now.