2010 Chevy Equinox I4 strange AC issue - blows cold out of driver side only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AllensaurusRex

Reaction score
2010 Chevy Equinox I4 - 109k miles.

Recently, I noticed that the ac wasn't blowing cool at all so I decided to charge it with a can of Freon. It lasted about 5 months before it leaked out again somewhere...I still haven't diagnosed that issue, so I moved to recharging it a second time. While driving it, my wife and I noticed the AC wasn't blowing at all. I can hear the blower motor purring, and the AC feels cold, but it wasn't blowing. About an hour later after turning the car off, the air started blowing again. Great!

But now, the AC seems to only blow cold out of the driver side...while the passenger side isn't blowing cold at all...it is just blowing vent air. It is almost like there is an actuator door behind the dash that is shut off between the passenger side and driver side. I have tried switching all of the buttons from defrost, to vented air only, turning on and off AC, to no avail.

ANY IDEAS?!

Members online