2011 equinox ac/idle issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottthies101

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I got a weird one for y’all. Our equinox has been giving us grief when it comes to the idle, especially when the AC is on. Being in Texas right now makes it a constant issue. The AC will kick on for around 5 seconds, dropping the RPMs from around 800 to 500. Then the ac compressor will kick off and the RPMs will return to normal. This will continue like clockwork. I checked the Freon and levels were normal (when the compressor kicked on). I checked the MAF and MAP With no errors. I preformed a deep clean of the entire throttle system. I’m at a complete loss of what’s going on. With the summer approaching I would like to get my AC and IDLE problem fixed soon.

Scott

Attachments

• 5638E1DD-E6B7-4F61-8010-D6B4A43CF87D.png
    5638E1DD-E6B7-4F61-8010-D6B4A43CF87D.png
    556.7 KB · Views: 4

corvairbob

Reaction score
that is the freon pressure correct you do not have any codes yet? it sounds like the TB idle adjustment motor may have failed. so do this foot on the bake and put it in drive and neutral and see if the idle adjusts for that if in gear it is slow ans in neutral it goes back to normal then the TB idle motor may have failed. that is about as much as i can fine out in using these search terms
equinox engine drops idle speed with the a/c turns on. i got maybe 5 possible sites to check out and the last one foe was as close as i could get . also check for a vacuum leak take a propane torch and just with the gas on not lit move it arudn the engine with the a/c on and see if the speed increases? if so your close to a vacuum leak. good luck

link to the below site

NOX4ME

Reaction score
It could be the IAC, or the drivebelt could simply be loose. Check the belt condition, and depending on mileage, replace the belt and the belt tensioner.

corvairbob

Reaction score
if he is showing the a/c freon pressure i do not think the a/c belt would be loose and it would be squeaking? but like you say anything at this point is fair game
but being the belt is part of the serpentine system it should be turning. i do not see any iac on this engine but the TB motor may be part of the iac system and has or is failing. also it should be setting codes for idle speed failing.

SYDNESB

Reaction score
AC refrigerant is over filled or compressor is starting to fail. The picture doesn't help.

Members online

No members online now.