Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

Something is in my A/C ducting.

This is a discussion on Something is in my A/C ducting. within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a horrible smell in my '13 Equinox. I found animal dung and snail shells on the top of ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2016, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rayban is on a distinguished road
Default Something is in my A/C ducting.

I have a horrible smell in my '13 Equinox. I found animal dung and snail shells on the top of my cabin filter. I am assuming it is/was a mouse. I also dropped the blower motor and found part of a skeleton in the fan. I sprayed lysol into the ducts and replaced the filter. The smell never went away so 3 days later I pulled the filter out again and it had droppings, snail shells, and dried berries on it. Something is gaining access to the plenum from outside the car. I do not leave the windows down. I am trying to find a drawing of the plastic ducting to see how or where something is getting in. The plastic piece (screening) where the wipers come through would not let something the size of an snail though. If anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate your feedback.

Thanks
Rayban is offline   Reply With Quote