Possible Transmission issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ca7801

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Equinox 2.4 AWD LTZ. Just had the motor replaced for the second time. It will not go in reverse and when in drive it goes a max of 20mph. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this? Mechanic said tranny is bad but this was not an issue before the motor blew.

Ca7801

Reaction score
Here is a little more information. The transmission did work before the motor blew. Once the motor was replaced the mechanic said the battery was dead and the Equinox did not have reverse. He said it was possible it was the battery which is what I assumed since that was not the issue going it to this. I go to pick it up and he had not installed the battery until I leaving. He insisted the tranny was bad. I left the lost and once I got on the rode it would not go more than 20mph and after a few minutes the check engine light came on. P0016, P0420, and P0700(MIL Request). But the issue is besides the obvious is I do not think the mechanic cleared the codes after the engine swap. I cleared the codes and let it run for 20 minutes at idle then drove two blocks and brought it back no check engine. The mechanic has his money from the place that warrantied the motors so I am sure that I an sol on that. I checked the fuses under the hood last night and did not see anything.

Flyer58

Reaction score
The first batch of 2010 Equinox off the line had the new engine but old transmission with bad wave plates. Mine was stuck in first gear. Very lucky to have purchased the extended warrantee and two days later I got the car back with the new transmission. That was at 80k on the odometer.

Members online

No members online now.