2011 NOX RUST ISSUES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.Wick

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Equinox 132,000 miles, had it over six and a half years, no big problems, vvt solenoids(easy fix), probably one of the best cars I've ever had! But the rear lower control arms are really rusted (holes through them), is anyone else having this problem? Are they supposed to have drainage holes, so water(salt), doesn't sit on top where the coil spring sits? I've sprayed them with black Fluid Film to try and salvage them from the upcoming Northeastern winter salt season. If anyone can supply me with any feedback about this problem I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Mr. Wick,

I don't have personal experience with this, but I have heard that is an issue with your car's generation. Chevy used a bunch of cheap imported steel around 2011. I also hear that the uni-body frame components in the back are prone to rust. I would replace the control arms and coat everything else back there with rust converter.

p.s.-I enjoy your movies.

J.Wick

Reaction score
Hey Vern, I was wondering what happened to you! First off, thanks for your reply, I did spray everything rusty in the rear undercarriage that I could. I used black Fluid Film, I've never heard of it,(it's been around since 1943), I hear it's supposed to work pretty good. I see your in Central Pa., there's some beautiful spots in the northern part , like Tioga, Lycoming counties I live by Pittsburgh,(Go Steelers)! Hope you have a great Holiday!! P.S.-I'm his brother Joe Wick, Ha Ha!

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hi Joe,
Sounds like you have it under control.
I'm more south central, near Harrisburg. We do have a beautiful state! I like Pittsburgh and the surrounding area's. I went to college at Thiel, in Mercer county, so I was kind of a western PA guy for a while. I drank my share of Iron City. I hope you have a great Holiday, too!

Members online

No members online now.