Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

Changing from dino to synthetic oil

This is a discussion on Changing from dino to synthetic oil within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
I have a 2010 nox with 19,000 miles. I want to change to synthetic oil. Do I have to do ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)

jherman is on a distinguished road
Default Changing from dino to synthetic oil

I have a 2010 nox with 19,000 miles. I want to change to synthetic oil. Do I have to do anything to clean out the engine before I switch over? I know amsoil has a flush kit when you change over to there product, however I am not sure What brand of oil I will use. I have always used penzoil and changed oil every 3,000 up until now.
jherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I don't even think I would worry about a flush kit. I would just make the switch to synthetic oil.

I currently run Amsoil and I thought the same way but after a little thought about how much oil is actually left behind after a drain... It's just as good to just change it to a better oil.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
rob

rob is on a distinguished road

I use synthetic in all my vehicles and have done so for over 20 years. Several of them had used regular oil before I switched them over. I had no problems after the switch over.
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
VENDOR

Black02Silverado is on a distinguished road

The AMSOIL flush is not needed in your vehicle. I mainly tell my customers that if you have more than 40k miles then to use the flush to help clean out what might have accumulated over that time frame, but you have basically a new engine still and switching over will not be an issue.