Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2016 Equinox Sunroof Drain Issues

This is a discussion on 2016 Equinox Sunroof Drain Issues within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
So, after heavy rain I get water from the sunroof dripping down the right-front pillar, and onto the front passenger ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

jneubauer is on a distinguished road
Question 2016 Equinox Sunroof Drain Issues

So, after heavy rain I get water from the sunroof dripping down the right-front pillar, and onto the front passenger seat.

The last time this happened, I got an air compressor, and managed to blow out the line - or maybe it stopped raining hard.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the exit to the drain located? Is it in the rear wheel well, like older models? Is there a diagram or picture of it?

2. Assuming that I can find the exit point, can I access it, to try to clear it?

3. Is there a "coupling" in the pillar (or elsewhere) that could be disconnected, and is a problem only when it rains hard? If so, where exactly is it located, and how do you access it?
jneubauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

Svard75 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jneubauer View Post
So, after heavy rain I get water from the sunroof dripping down the right-front pillar, and onto the front passenger seat.

The last time this happened, I got an air compressor, and managed to blow out the line - or maybe it stopped raining hard.

A couple of questions:

1. Where is the exit to the drain located? Is it in the rear wheel well, like older models? Is there a diagram or picture of it?

2. Assuming that I can find the exit point, can I access it, to try to clear it?

3. Is there a "coupling" in the pillar (or elsewhere) that could be disconnected, and is a problem only when it rains hard? If so, where exactly is it located, and how do you access it?
For petes sake take the car into the dealer for repair service. The sunroof should not be leaking and if it is the drain should be outside the vehicle not down the pillar and inside. I can only assume the drain pipe has not been connected properly.
Svard75 is offline   Reply With Quote