Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Chevy Equinox General Discussion > 2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010+ Equinox Maintenance

2010 equinox timing chain

This is a discussion on 2010 equinox timing chain within the 2010+ Equinox Maintenance forums, part of the Chevy Equinox General Discussion category!
hello, I am a newbie to the group and looks like an excellent resource! I have a 2010 equinox with ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

firetender is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2010 equinox timing chain

hello, I am a newbie to the group and looks like an excellent resource!

I have a 2010 equinox with nearly 47,000 miles (belonged to my Mom).
20 hours after dealer servicing recently for basic oil change, rotation etc., the engine light displays on dash and excess noise from engine?!
After stopping immediately and checking oil, the dealer recommends I drive in for diagnosis and indicates a knock sensor code! Mechanic is excellent and confirmed that rattle volume was not my imagination!

Does anyone have any input or comments on the severe history of timing chain defects please and recommendation for next steps? Very appreciated!
firetender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by firetender View Post
hello, I am a newbie to the group and looks like an excellent resource!

I have a 2010 equinox with nearly 47,000 miles (belonged to my Mom).
20 hours after dealer servicing recently for basic oil change, rotation etc., the engine light displays on dash and excess noise from engine?!
After stopping immediately and checking oil, the dealer recommends I drive in for diagnosis and indicates a knock sensor code! Mechanic is excellent and confirmed that rattle volume was not my imagination!

Does anyone have any input or comments on the severe history of timing chain defects please and recommendation for next steps? Very appreciated!

Welcome to the site! Sounds like it could be the timing chain. If you are every leary of driving a GM vehicle into the dealership, you can call the roudside assistance number on the window and when they ask about the warranty you can tell them yes, even if it's not under warranty they will still tow it.

I did this and we were not charge. It wasn't with a 'Nox but it was a GM.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote