Go Back   Chevy Equinox Forum | GMC Terrain Forum | Cadillac SRX Forum > Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center > The Official "How To:" Section

The Official "How To:" Section

OnStar Deals

This is a discussion on OnStar Deals within the The Official "How To:" Section forums, part of the Equinox, Terrain & SRX Knowledge Center category!
What is the best renewal deal for onstar and for xm? I know you don't have to pay the rates ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dug2013 is on a distinguished road
Default OnStar Deals

What is the best renewal deal for onstar and for xm?
I know you don't have to pay the rates they publicly advertise.
Dug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Admin

dietz4ibanez is on a distinguished road

I've seen annual prices around $149.95 and that would be about $13 a month. There are some coupons out there for $50 off but I don't know how legit they are or if they are even useable.

What kind of rates are you seeing? I thought it was around $14 a month but I might be confused with XM/Sirius.
dietz4ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

masijc is on a distinguished road

With other cars that I have leased I found the best way to get a deal on XM is to let the trial service expire and wait 1-2 months (if you can hold out) before renewing. My other car is a 2012 MB C300 - I let the 90 day trial expire and didn't renew. Got a letter from XM with a great deal and ignored it. The next month I got a call with an even better deal. Remainder of the lease (2 years) for $124.00.
masijc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

pieter is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dug2013 View Post
What is the best renewal deal for onstar and for xm?
I know you don't have to pay the rates they publicly advertise.
I waited with my OnStar until it was within 2 weeks of expiring and up till then the offers had just been the plain advertised ones. I was only going to go for the basic coverage -I'm not directionally challenged and know how to read a Google map- and was just about ready to do an annual package when I received an offer that was about a 32% discount on the monthly rate and that worked out to less money than the 3 year rate. Glad I waited until almost the last minute....
pieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

bigbillsd is on a distinguished road

I let the trial expire in March. In July they offered 35% off. $12.95 monthly for the Safe & Sound plan.
bigbillsd is offline   Reply With Quote