DIY How to Install Fog lights on 2010-2012 Chevy Equinox with video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieman

Reaction score
My Equinox is a 2012 LT1, which USA LT1 versions as we know, does not come with the fog light option. Only LT2 or LTZ. I really like the way the fog lights look on a Equinox and despise my ugly plastic filler piece. So I have seen a few how to threads regarding this subject but never a full detailed with step by step pics and a video as well. So I made one myself and hopefully this helps people that are interesting in doing this factory mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bubOxpaeJA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

GM part numbers you will need:
Driver Side Chrome Fog Light Bezel: # 20847185 Retail Price $50.00 Online price$33-37
Passenger Side Chrome Fog Light Bezel: # 20847186 Retail Price $50.00 Online price$33-37
Fog Lamps 2 of them: #10335108 Retail Price $115.45each Online price:$74-$85each

Online prices vary depending on what site you go on, I recommend fastgmparts.com or oemparts123.com , many other members on this forum have their choice place to buy from online. Usually shipping on these Bezel’s is around $6-$10. I would stay away from GMpartsdirect insane shipping. I bought mine from a local Chevy dealer so I did not have to pay shipping, just asked if they could match fastgmparts.com total with shipping and a little less and they were able to do it. After some haggling and using other dealer price match, took a few phone calls, but it was worth it. One dealer even had in stock. That’s how I get most of my parts, if dealer just wants to be tough to work with I have ordered from Fastgmparts.com with no issues.

For the fog lights, you don’t have to get factory, the aftermarket ones which I have herd are just as good, and they have buy it now’s on ebay from $59-$65 max with free shipping for 2 of them. Plus some come with bulbs and sometimes even bulb harness. Just search the part number 10335108 or since there are many GM vehicles that use this same Fog, search 07-2010 Impala or 06-08 Malibu. Once again I lucked out on ebay and found 2 separate auctions and got em both for under $40 new factory ones. I didn’t care to much if they didn’t have a harness since I am not wiring these anyway. Just for looks remember lol.

4bab714e-cb65-9349.jpg

4bab714e-cb72-5409.jpg

bowtieman

Reaction score
**Note I will prob get a lot of criticism for not putting a how to wire them up, since this install is going for strictly looks lol, but that might come later. I have run fogs on my other vehicles for years and prob use them 2% of the time so its not worth it to me to hook em up. If I ever do I promise I will post it on here with video and pics.
If someone else has done the wiring, please post a detailed how to with a schematic and maybe some pics, don?t just say hooked em up on a toggle and they work lol.
It would be nice to see what harness people used and exact process to hook em up with a external toggle switch since most people can accomplish that, instead of buying an entire signal light unit with harness and reprogramming a computer. Which if you go that method can cost around $500 or more total. Props to those who can afford that route.

So if you have done the wiring yourself post info to help others out!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Awesome write up! Thanks for adding that to our site! I think it is worth it so no criticism here and if you get any they will seek the wrath of the ban hammer! :p

Looks so much better and I think gm should have retro fitted something that was for looks let alone something fictional...

bowtieman

Reaction score
Awesome write up! Thanks for adding that to our site! I think it is worth it so no criticism here and if you get any they will seek the wrath of the ban hammer! :p

Looks so much better and I think gm should have retro fitted something that was for looks let alone something fictional...

Thanks man!! Yea agree GM could have come up with a better blank insert, guess maybe it was a friday project for that engineer lol

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
They work really good and you will probably like them if you hooked them up.

EQJUNIOR

Reaction score
Did you take the inner fender off to get that bolt in and I assume the bumper was still on the vehicle. Right? Thanks

Members online