Fog light bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joefish731

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member to this forum. I recently purchased a 2020 Equinox LT. Notice the fog light bulbs when turned on have a yellow glow and do not match the bright white glow of the head lights and day time running lights. I would like to install white led bulbs for fog. Can I do this as a simple switch without damaging anything electrical?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member to this forum. I recently purchased a 2020 Equinox LT. Notice the fog light bulbs when turned on have a yellow glow and do not match the bright white glow of the head lights and day time running lights. I would like to install white led bulbs for fog. Can I do this as a simple switch without damaging anything electrical?
as long as the lens is clear. I believe the bulb is an H8. They are available in clear and white. you should be able to get them at any parts store. LED's consume less electricity than Halogen, so no worries about the electrical system.

joefish731

Reaction score
as long as the lens is clear. I believe the bulb is an H8. They are available in clear and white. you should be able to get them at any parts store. LED's consume less electricity than Halogen, so no worries about the electrical system.
Ok thank you

Vondoman

Reaction score
Hey! I noticed that in my 2020 also. I think it’s a way for GM to save $$. I changed them myself and used Auxito LED fog light and they’re white/bright like the headlights. It’s a simple remove & replace. See the attached pics of the box that the pair of lights came in.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpeg
    IMG_1901.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1902.jpeg
    IMG_1902.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 3

NOX4ME

Reaction score
yes. I would purchase Sylvania Silver Star Ultra bulbs. Just as effective as LED's and comes with a replacement warranty.

Vondoman

Reaction score
Halogen bulbs get hot, & use more energy. I’ve had them melt the clear lens covers

Members online