Sd cameras and recording

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michaelfox2024

Reaction score
Hi Just got a 2024 equinox rs does anyone know how you use cameras for recording accidents and such things
Thanks mike

ricklack

Reaction score
There is no built in feature to do this, you would need to engineer a solution. Or, buy a dashcam

CocoaJeff

Reaction score
Welcome, Mike!

Seems kind of silly to have to buy a separate dashcam for a car that's covered in cameras. But that's probably what I'll do, since I do want to have one in case of accidents. GM should offer an option to be able to record data from the built-in cams.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Welcome, Mike!

Seems kind of silly to have to buy a separate dashcam for a car that's covered in cameras. But that's probably what I'll do, since I do want to have one in case of accidents. GM should offer an option to be able to record data from the built-in cams.
I agree. I would love to be able to record from the existing cameras.

ricklack

Reaction score
Welcome, Mike!

Agreed and I also am looking at dashcams. I was hoping someone would find a way to get the onboard cameras to record - 5 freakin cameras and we need to get a 6th (or 7th if going with rear facing dashcam). Actually I've seen some that also add an interior camera. If my wife wasn't so old, maybe that would interest me! ;)

Members online