2019 Equinox Premier Rear Sunroof Drains?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunsetBeach

Reaction score
Has anybody here had success in accessing the rear sunroof drains. I’m assuming they are located behind the interior cargo panel but not sure if the headliner also has to be pulled! The dealership charged 500.00 to unclog the drain recently. I can’t find a manual on the interior cargo trim.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
If it is leaking, you will most likely need to drop the headliner to check that the drains are not damaged and are connected to the hoses. This seems to be the never ending story. Mine was fixed by the dealer 4 months ago and the car is soaking wet after the tropical rains this weekend. I just bought clear car wrap with the intention of covering my roof so it no longer leaks. Driving my son's 20 year old car with a sunroof that has never leaked, today.

Brennb

Reaction score
I had dealership clean my rear drains ($300), they had to drop the back of the headliner. They said they found "Some debris". I don't believe it, it didn't stop my leak. The rear drains empty behind the rear wheel well. I used an air tank regulated to about 60psi to blow up through the line. You can hear the air in the sunroof channel. My leak was the rear hatch seal, and was fixed by a simple adjustment to the rear hatch standoffs.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
I had dealership clean my rear drains ($300), they had to drop the back of the headliner. They said they found "Some debris". I don't believe it, it didn't stop my leak. The rear drains empty behind the rear wheel well. I used an air tank regulated to about 60psi to blow up through the line. You can hear the air in the sunroof channel. My leak was the rear hatch seal, and was fixed by a simple adjustment to the rear hatch standoffs.
When your rear hatch leaked, did it soak the headliner and fill the spare tire well?

Brennb

Reaction score
Mine didn't soak the headliner. It leaked through the fuse panel on the drivers side rear. Fortunately, I have a Husky form fit trunk liner, and the water stayed on the liner. I checked under the spare tire cover, and didn't notice moisture, but I didn't pull the spare to see if water had got down in there. I think the liner captured it. Honestly, my leak was self inflicted. I read a TSB on an entirely different issue I was having, and adjusted the standoffs. I didn't notice for some time, and it never dawned on me that I had caused it. I blew the lines before I took it to the dealer, so I knew that the drains weren't clogged, but the Stealership claimed otherwise.

SteveK

Reaction score
36psi inflates tires.
Perhaps 60psi blew the drain hose off and the dealer just re attached. Since they are not normally under pressure, probably just a slip on plastic tubing

Brennb

Reaction score
36psi inflates tires.
Perhaps 60psi blew the drain hose off and the dealer just re attached. Since they are not normally under pressure, probably just a slip on plastic tubing
Then why wouldn't they have said that? Besides, they didn't fix the leak, I did. I get your point, though

Last edited:

SteveK

Reaction score
My guess if that is what they found is assume it was left unconnected at build. Or answer you to say they found what you thought.
But I will be checking wheel well more often.

SteveK

Reaction score
Glad we opted out of the moon/sun roof
sorry, but it is not enough for me to opt out. Drains can be kept clear and one poster said it was the aft hatch that needed cleaning/adjusting so was not from roof drains after all.

Flash

Reaction score
sorry, but it is not enough for me to opt out. Drains can be kept clear and one poster said it was the aft hatch that needed cleaning/adjusting so was not from roof drains after all.
Hey it's your car. We opted out during a test drive and water pouring down into the rear seat area. I guess if you never open it up, you might be good. It's a chance you will take.

SteveK

Reaction score
Hey it's your car. We opted out during a test drive and water pouring down into the rear seat area. I guess if you never open it up, you might be good. It's a chance you will take.
Flash, you sound offended, I don't know why. You chose not to have sunroof, I chose to have it. No offense meant.
Not my first one, even had a T-top that did not leak. I am prepared to deal with a leak if it occurs.

Flash

Reaction score
Not at all. I just am glad we didn't with all the issues I have seen on here with them. Like I said, it's your car.

Members online