2013 headlamp replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbynum

Reaction score
I've watched multiple youtube videos. I've reviewed 2 service manuals. All show the same thing, turn wheel all the way to expose the access port, remove the locking screw and remove 2 plastic covers then do as one would expect, unplug the wiring harness, remove the lamp, do the reverse to finish that side. Repeat on the other side.

The pictures show only one lamp. I understand there are separate low and high beam lamps, H11 and 9005. I have replacements.

Are there 2 sockets under the same covers? Or are the references incorrect and i have the wrong lamp(s). I'm familiar with LED replacements for dual filament incandescent halogen lamps, but that's not what the guides show.

Thanks!

ricklack

Reaction score
1701118358708.png
I still have my 2013 manual. As you see the 2 bulbs have separate covers. I changed one low beam in 350,000km.

gbynum

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm ashamed to admit I not only have the printed manual but also the .pdf version and I DIDN'T EVEN LOOK.

scchevelle468

Reaction score
The big one just behind the fender well cover is for the low beam, and the small one inboard of the big one is for the high beam. You will not be able to see the one for the high beam bulb. It will all need to be done by hand, or should I say by feel. Be careful when putting them back on because if you get the gasket that makes those things watertight, pinched, you will need to pull the fender liner down to get them removed and properly aligned again. Either that or take the whole nose off the car and pull the headlight assemblies out.

The other thing I can say after now having done this three or four times on each side, General Motors did not leave a whole lot of room for anybody with any size to get their forearm up in there with the tire on the car. I jack up the front end of mine and get the tire to hang slack, so I have more room for my arm. But ultimately it would probably be easier if the tires were off, and I think that way it would give you a clear line of sight to at least the low beam covers.

Members online