2012 Manual rear lift gate actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndreOh

Reaction score
My lift gate is manual and not controlled from inside car. I replaced the switch and actuator (which was loose in its housing).

I am happy to say it works and the lift gate pops open.

BUT…oddly after testing it repeatedly (e.g. 7 times) it stops working altogether. I lock and unlock car to see if that resets it and it did not. I Waited 5-10 minutes and it started working again.
Again, I operated it around 7 times …and again it stopped working.

Obviously no real néed to operate that many times, so it may be fine for normal use. However it does seem strange.
Does anyone have any ideas on why this occurs? Do I have more work to do🙁

Thanks!

napajack

Reaction score
My lift gate is manual and not controlled from inside car. I replaced the switch and actuator (which was loose in its housing).

I am happy to say it works and the lift gate pops open.

BUT…oddly after testing it repeatedly (e.g. 7 times) it stops working altogether. I lock and unlock car to see if that resets it and it did not. I Waited 5-10 minutes and it started working again.
Again, I operated it around 7 times …and again it stopped working.

Obviously no real néed to operate that many times, so it may be fine for normal use. However it does seem strange.
Does anyone have any ideas on why this occurs? Do I have more work to do🙁

Thanks!
My 2013 started that. Replaced the push button, latch and still only works occasionally. Any answers let me know ow please.

AndreOh

Reaction score
My 2013 started that. Replaced the push button, latch and still only works occasionally. Any answers let me know ow please.
I thought it may be a Relay issue, but that would not be intermittent. And I don’t see where they have a relay. I will look at the switch wiring again and see if there is a grounding issue. I seem to remember a clip that may have been a Ground, but I am sure I clipped it back. And lastly, my battery is not new. A battery that is on the fringe might result in some electrical issues.

rvseverson

Reaction score
2015 1LT 2.4 L : I just installed a new battery and I have the same issue. Originally I replaced the button and it was working fine but then started the occasional operation again. Is there a solution?

Members online

No members online now.