Wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwoll98

Reaction score
Trying this forum to see if any one has any idea what could be wrong with my wife's car. We have a 2013 equinox with the 2.4 4 cylinder. It's always had an issue with burning oil. I check the oild and top it off when I can and remind my wife to do so all the time. The other day it need 2 quarts. Not the best but not the worst. There was a decently loud tapping sound from the engine bay that was new but went away when giving the car throttle. The next day the car would not start. At first it has sounded like a starter issue with the silonoid not returning the gear to the right spot so it was hitting the flywheel. After putting a new starter in it, no changes. Still won't start. Had the battery tested and it was all good also. Got to the crankshaft pully and was able to turn it by hand so I know the engine is not seized up. Any one have any ideas

schovil69

Reaction score
When you say, '...doesn't start...,' do you mean the engine turns over but doesn't run or that the starter makes no noise or something else?

Members online