Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonox47

Reaction score
I have a 2014 LTZ, and need the wiring diagram for the 10 pin connector for the rearview mirror. I am trying to determine which of the 7 wires is ground and which is ignition on hot. I believe the black is ground, but not sure about the ignition/hot wire....maybe yellow?...or pink??
Appreciate your help.

Last edited:

jonox47

Reaction score
No longer need help. I decided to direct wire to fuse box instead of wire tap...... easy job and wire tucks in easily and neatly..... no need for wire tap on the Equinox, that's for sure..... out.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
No longer need help. I decided to direct wire to fuse box instead of wire tap...... easy job and wire tucks in easily and neatly..... no need for wire tap on the Equinox, that's for sure..... out.

Nice! Did you take any pictures that you could post?

MikeOrlando02

Reaction score
Wiring Diagram for 2014 Rearview Mirror Dash cam w/SimpleUSB

Hello,

I also have a 2014 Equinox and am looking for the wiring diagram/pinout for the auto dimming OnStar mirror. I purchased a SimpleUSB 12v to 5v USB wire tap adapter. My vehicle has a 10 pin connector, with only 7 wires in it.

Testing using a multimeter I was able to find that the light green wire with the stripe was a ground wire by testing continuity between this wire and a grounded area of the car; however when I start the car I lost continuity and can not find any other wire that has it when running. I was then able to find the pink wire supplied 12v, when the vehicle was running, between the green/white and the pink.

A day after installing my SimpleUSB my car came up with a check tire sensor error and I made an appointment and they are replacing my body control module as replacing the tire sensors didn’t fix the issue. Chalk that up to randomness? Shortly after I remote started my car and found that after starting the car my remote would no longer unlock my doors intermittently.

Knowing that the module that controls the keyless entry is located by the mirror and the camera power up once the vehicle remote starts, after which the keyless entry no longer works do you have any suspicion that anything I did with my install could be causing these type of issues. Wondering if my wiring is correct or if the SimpleUSB could be drawing more power and not permitting other on-board devices to work properly.

Any confirming on wiring or advice would be a big help.

Mike

MikeOrlando02

Reaction score
Pinout

I did find this pinout diagram explaining my 10-pin vs. the more common 16-pin. All the wire colors don't exactly match my vehicle, but it is close.

Following this, I left my SimpleUSB positive lead on pin 2 (pink) and moved my negative lead to pin 5 (black). Camera is still powering on correctly.

Pinout PDF

My remote does work; however when I remote start my vehicle (causing the accessory power to come on and then the camera) it appears the range is significantly reduced. I am going to wait until my BCM is replaced on my vehicle, install fresh remote batteries, and then will further troubleshoot.

If the only side effect is decreased keyless entry range only when then vehicle is remote started, I can live with that!

Members online

No members online now.