Vacuum pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian-Nj

Reaction score
Is the vacuum pump a liability on the 3rd gen. I’m hearing in it goes in many cases shrapnel takes out the engine …. Anyone changing them at a mileage interval ? I’m thinking maybe 70k miles just change for the heck of it . I have 2 3rd generation equinox’s and am thinking safe than sorry is a good idea . Do they generally last that long or is 70 k to soon?

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
It sounds like it should be a recall like many GM vacuum pumps before it. From what I read, it usually makes a ticking noise when it is going bad. If your brake pedal suddenly becomes stiff, do not drive it.

CoolDad

Reaction score
Is the vacuum pump a liability on the 3rd gen. I’m hearing in it goes in many cases shrapnel takes out the engine …. Anyone changing them at a mileage interval ? I’m thinking maybe 70k miles just change for the heck of it . I have 2 3rd generation equinox’s and am thinking safe than sorry is a good idea . Do they generally last that long or is 70 k to soon?
Is this on the gas models or diesel?

dkordecki79

Reaction score
Mine just went out at 75000. Took camshaft with it according to dealer. Common on Malibu as well. GM needs to recall it. Ridiculous

Members online