usb only reads half songs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poindexter

Reaction score
2024 nox Lt. only reads half songs or artist on usb. I have it formattd to fat 32 all mp3 or wma files. stick works fine in my 2013 nox. anyone else have this problem?

poindexter

Reaction score
Half the songs on the drive like for instance the beatles greatest hits is 31 songs it recognizes 5 songs total. billy squier 10 song album left with one song. In my 2013 stick works fine.

ricklack

Reaction score
I would ask the dealer about it - perhaps they could reprogram the infotainment system.

Prior to that, you could connect the car to WIFI and see if there is any update you can download. Not likely any updates as my 22 still has had no updates.

Also, have you tried resetting everything to factory defaults? If you have made any customization to the settings, they will need to be changed again.

dasanch

Reaction score
2024 nox Lt. only reads half songs or artist on usb. I have it formattd to fat 32 all mp3 or wma files. stick works fine in my 2013 nox. anyone else have this problem?
I am having the same issue. Took to dealer to try to figure out. They tried a bunch of things that Chevy factory recommended. They finally replaced the radio and that did no work either. Salesman and I tried the flash drive in a different vehicle. More music showed up but not all and not all albums for under a certain artist showed up. It has yo be a formatting issue. I might just give up and use phone Bluetooth. Too bad it did not work. I would be interested in the solution if you ever get it to work correctly. Thanks.

bagbyjw

Reaction score
Try using a ScanDisk thumb drive formatted Fat32 and see if that will make a difference. I've read that may sometimes fix the issue.

dasanch

Reaction score
Thanks, but that is exactly the one I am using and verified the format a couple of days ago on my computer. FAT32. I have also used two other brands of flash drive as well. Still same result.
I am thinking it must be the type of files the music are. Do you know if the information system reads all types? (Ie MP3, WAV, FLAC, MP4, etc....)

Your help is very much appreciated.

Members online