Song Indexing Stops Before Complete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cammusic

Reaction score
I have a 2023 LT and I prefer to listen to music via a USB drive. I have over 30,000 songs taking up 150 gigs on a 256 gig USB stick. When I turn the car on, it begins indexing then stops at a certain point, saying the maximum indexing level has been reached. Does anyone know what the maximum is? Is it a certain number of tracks, or files, or gigs?

008man

Reaction score
Definitely sounds like a file limit. Thats why I joined this forum - to see if anyone knows the file limit for the USB. I couldn't find it in the owners manual (useless manual). I was hoping someone here knows the answer. What you can do, is find out where the indexing stops, and then take your drive and put in you PC and open it. Highlight the files all the way to the point to where it stops indexing, and R clk and choose properties. That should give you an approximate number of files the infotainment system supports. My 2021 Toyota corolla only supports 10k of files. My 2017 Focus RS supports my entire collection of 13K+ files (songs). Thirty thousand files! Thats a lot of songs! I rip only in FLAC. You definitely must rip in MP3.

008man

Reaction score
Also, does the 2023 Equinox have an 3.5mm aux jack/port? I can't find definitive info on that in the owners manual either. I am planning on buying an Equinox EV when they are released, and want to know what to expect as far as file support and aux support. If it can't support 13k of files, then if it has an aux port, I can use my Dig audio player (iBasso DX90) for lisenting to my FLAC music.

cammusic

Reaction score
Also, does the 2023 Equinox have an 3.5mm aux jack/port? I can't find definitive info on that in the owners manual either. I am planning on buying an Equinox EV when they are released, and want to know what to expect as far as file support and aux support. If it can't support 13k of files, then if it has an aux port, I can use my Dig audio player (iBasso DX90) for lisenting to my FLAC music.
Definitely sounds like a file limit. Thats why I joined this forum - to see if anyone knows the file limit for the USB. I couldn't find it in the owners manual (useless manual). I was hoping someone here knows the answer. What you can do, is find out where the indexing stops, and then take your drive and put in you PC and open it. Highlight the files all the way to the point to where it stops indexing, and R clk and choose properties. That should give you an approximate number of files the infotainment system supports. My 2021 Toyota corolla only supports 10k of files. My 2017 Focus RS supports my entire collection of 13K+ files (songs). Thirty thousand files! Thats a lot of songs! I rip only in FLAC. You definitely must rip in MP3.
I believe the file limit is 10,000. But I figured out a clever hack...I partitioned my USB stick into three separate drives and divided my collection alphabetically. It has no problem indexing three separate drives, each with apprx. 6,000-8,000 files.

008man

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I saw another post on here stating that limit. I never thought to format the same USB drv into multiple drives! That is brilliant! I am also looking into an Kia EV6, and that system only supports 8k files. Multiple listers on the EV6 form have tried using a USB splitter, but the system will not recognize them. My Toyota does as I have a splitter in use there, but I use it for songs on one drive, and Android Auto (wired) on the other. I am going to post this info to the EV6 forum and let them know this may be an option to try! I also went on you tube and looked at reviews of the 2023 Equinox, and i did see that it has an aux port. That is another optio for me if i get an Equinox EV.
Much Thanks!!

Members online