Blank playlists on USB drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricdiver

Reaction score
Last week we took our new-to-us '19 Equinox on a roadtrip from WI to FL. I grabbed two USB drives that we've used for years out of our '13 Volt to use during the trip. On one of the USB drives I have a few dozen music albums with 1500+ songs. Some of these songs are organized on three different playlists - call them ListA, ListB, ListC. I used the BROWSE button to get to the playlists and selected ListA. Songs started playing in order as expected. Stopped the car, got out, did what we did in a store, got back in, started the car. Radio screen is blank with just the rewind/play/forward buttons displayed - no song title. Hit the BROWSE and the screen shows "No songs on device" or something like that. Browse back to the playlist tree and all three list names show up. Select ListA and get "No songs on device". Browse back, select ListB - songs show up in the correct order and play as expected. Make another stop. Come back and the radio is blank. Browse back and ListB shows "No songs, etc." Select ListA and the songs are back. Select ListC, all the songs are there and play in order. It seems that whatever playlist I was listening to when I stopped the car would disappear the next time I started the car and wouldn't reappear until after I had started a different playlist and stopped and re-started the car at which point the "empty" playlist would be available and the playlist I had been listening to was now "empty".

If I BROWSE to the root 'Songs' folder as shown on the radio all the songs are there and play in some random order - not alphabetical by title or artist or album as far I could determine - but they kept playing and seemed to start back up in the same order whenever we got back in the car. A completely different experience from above.

Has anybody else had this happen?

I've never had this happen in my Volt in six years. Whatever playlist/song I'm listening to on the USB when I turn off the car is the song that starts when I start the car later.

Members online

No members online now.