tork steer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalferchop

Reaction score
Hi new to the group has enty one here had a problem with steering when I accelerate hard it pulls left and right and when I hit water it does the same took to dealer and they say it is tork steer I would like to put his wife and kids in it and go for a ride any way I guess it's on the V6 only. I am not sure what to do next they say it's normal. I am going to try some kind of stabilizer or something . pertty sad I worked for GM for 30yrs treated me like **** thanks GM :greenchainsaw:

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
Hi new to the group has enty one here had a problem with steering when I accelerate hard it pulls left and right and when I hit water it does the same took to dealer and they say it is tork steer I would like to put his wife and kids in it and go for a ride any way I guess it's on the V6 only. I am not sure what to do next they say it's normal. I am going to try some kind of stabilizer or something . pertty sad I worked for GM for 30yrs treated me like **** thanks GM :greenchainsaw:

I have no issues w/ the V6 Nox

But on the company nox (I4 w/ factory 17") when it hits a good amount of water it almost always wants to steer right. I blame that on the crappy tires though, my V6 plows through things w/o effort the I4 struggles to go through, I was about to get new tires put on it (get away from these Firestone Destionations and move to the Alenza H/T I use on my V6 setup)...but getting new car instead, so meh.

Sorry about your job..but besides GM you should really look at the employees of GM. Unions once needed, now they are pest on a company and will suck it dry, thats exactly what happened to the Big 3. Your wages are not higher then counterpart US foreign automakers, but your benefits, absurd inefficient production setup, and legacy "rights" would hender any company. Just saying...

PS....Its torque steer

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Sucks to hear this is happening... If you get a moment it doesn't hurt to call GM and put in a complaint about it... The more the complaints you would think it might be a little persuasion...

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
" Torque Steer "This is inherent to front wheel drive vehicles.
In the 60's and 70's in a rear wheel drive we used to call it "fishtailing"
The most common cause is too much pressure on the accelerator from a stop .
Yes mine ( it is a 4- AWD ) does it also when I go through a large puddle without slowing down .90% of the roads where I live the speed limit is 55 .
I avoid the "Torque Steer " by slowing down .
If you feel the dealer mistreated you ,call this number 1-800-222-1020
Chevrolet Customer Service

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
GM treats all of us like that now, then again it seems to be the norm.
I have not felt it on my I4 Terrain even in deep snow we got last Feb.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Cool I will have to spend some time there.
I'm just hoping that my Terrain is included in recall 11195A

Members online

No members online now.