Strange no Power issue - electrical gurus needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MuddQueen

Reaction score
Ok ... so my 2014 2.4 awd didn't move much all winter. I started it often and moved it around the yard. A few weeks back went to start it so I could get it ready for summer. And as I started it the power went completely dead... not a flicker anywhere. Grabbed my booster pack and when I hook it up it is telling me that it's hooked up backwards, which is not the case. Removed said battery and tested with midtronics tester. Battery is fine. I don't see any bad wires from a top of engine view. No neutral release on this year so haven't got it on the flat yet to put on jack stands. Anyone know why it would read as the cables being hooked up wrong? Still no power from very charged battery. Just hoping someone can point me in the right direction to start looking haha God I miss old carb vehicles with easy electric hahaha

SteveK

Reaction score
What is telling you cables reversed, the booster pack?
Did you remove the battery and install backwards?

MuddQueen

Reaction score
Absolutely not. When battery is installed... properly because I'm not dumb. The booster pack reads as it is hooked up backwards. This is the only clue I have for the issue. It did this before I removed it and tested the battery with a midtronics tester. Battery is perfect. And booster is fine as well. Tested it on other batteries.

ricklack

Reaction score
I wonder if a bad ground could make the booster read the polarity as reversed? It shouldn't, but something is interrupting the battery circuit if the car is not even seeing that the battery is installed.

bearbait

Reaction score
You stated you didn't use it much in winter. Is it possible a varmint made a nest under hood and destroyed/ shorted out some wires ? Saw a picture of a main connection box where a mouse made a nest and his urine shorted and melted wires. Just a hunch.

corvairbob

Reaction score
did you have a charger on it at all over the winter. i have seen them reverse charge a battery a few times. for kicks try another battery as see also for kick put that booster on another car ans see if it reads correct?

Members online

No members online now.