Soft brake pedal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eflash232

Reaction score
Ok so I was driving my equinox and randomly the pedal went soft came back and went soft again. Through process of elimination I've ended up replacing the booster, master, and all the vacuum lines that power the booster also replaced the check valve. Bleed the entire system with no leaks anywhere. With the same result the brakes still function but the pedal still is soft and slowly goes to the floor. What I am I missing here?

negron59

Reaction score
I would look at the ABS Unit, see if there is a bleeding procedure if it continues I suggest Getting the ABS used Preferably from a rear ended Vehicle (to be safe). Honestly I see no other thing that it can be.

Metal Flake

Reaction score
Happened in my 2013 too.

It’s crazy, but the fix was taking the car up to 70 had braking real hard!

Dace

Reaction score
Ok so I was driving my equinox and randomly the pedal went soft came back and went soft again. Through process of elimination I've ended up replacing the booster, master, and all the vacuum lines that power the booster also replaced the check valve. Bleed the entire system with no leaks anywhere. With the same result the brakes still function but the pedal still is soft and slowly goes to the floor. What I am I missing here?
What Negron said. But you'll probably have to take it to a shop and get the ABS unit bled. They have the software to home the cylinders which allows fluid to pass through.

Members online