Side window deflector????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1der

Reaction score
Ordering WeatherTech molded floor protectors for my new 2013 Equinox. I could order a kit that includes side window deflectors. I haven't seen a "Nox" in my area equipped with them. Are they not worth it, don't work, etc? I HAVE seen bug deflectors on a few Nox's. Any good? I have 6 weeks before delivery so I have time to figure this out.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Ordering WeatherTech molded floor protectors for my new 2013 Equinox. I could order a kit that includes side window deflectors. I haven't seen a "Nox" in my area equipped with them. Are they not worth it, don't work, etc? I HAVE seen bug deflectors on a few Nox's. Any good? I have 6 weeks before delivery so I have time to figure this out.

I normally put these on all my vehicles but I have not on the Nox as of yet.

I looked at the WeatherTech Window Deflectors and they are the nice "in channel" deflectors. I hate, hate, hate the old style when they would adhere to the paint above the window. Not only would they break off over time and leave the stickyness behind but you could hear the wind big time at highway speeds...

I owned them on older vehicles, the non "In channel" and once the broke I spent time taking the rest of them and amending the paint where they were previously stuck too.

I like them because it does darken the windows a tad especially if they are tinted. You can have the windows slightly open(even in light rain) and it enhances the look of the vehicle.. I think so at least.

I loved them on my Duramax truck. My brother said that they don't make a lot of wind noise but it still bothered him. I never even notice.

Now you have me wanting to get them for the Nox!

I might do it today.... :peace:

1der

Reaction score
I called customer service at WeatherTech was told that they do NOT have deflectors for the rear window. I was told that they had issues with them not staying in place on the rear window and they would not sell a product that worked poorly.
I do like the in-channel look. Will look into a different brand.
diets4ibanez- what brand did you use for you NOX?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I called customer service at WeatherTech was told that they do NOT have deflectors for the rear window. I was told that they had issues with them not staying in place on the rear window and they would not sell a product that worked poorly.
I do like the in-channel look. Will look into a different brand.
diets4ibanez- what brand did you use for you NOX?

I have always used the AVS-Auto Ventshade brand. I have never had a issue with them. These are found at Autozone but I would also price match at Advanced.

I think they are $54.99 at AZ. I also believe that you can only look them up by a 2010 year model because they are slow in updating their product. I don't know if it shows for 2011 but I searched and it didn't bring up anything for 2012.

padavid12

Reaction score
I just put a set of the AVS in channel on my 2014 Nox. Got them at O'Reillys for $60.00. They went on very easily and look great. I also put on a AVS hood guard. It is the kind that fastens flush like the older style window deflectors. It will not deflect bugs. It just protects from chip damage.
'

RocketFoot

Reaction score
I wont EVER but Weather Tech Vent Visors again...had trouble with them fitting my 11 Caravan and even worse, WT's customer service kept telling me that I installed them wrong! It's not rocket science...I read the directions, watched the video and was 100% sure I installed correctly! No help from them = no future purchases!

I have had great results from AVS in Channel visors on my 13 Ram Crew Cab! Excellent product...AVS will be going on the Nox soon!

Members online