radar mirror tap installation on 2014 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jonox47

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and need help on the installation of the blendmount radar dectector mirror tap wire for my 2014 LTZ Equinox. I got the plastic cover off the plastic cover on the windshield, but cannot determine how to detach the mirror wiring harness connector from it's stored position. I contacted Blendmount and they told me they have no information regarding the mirror tap wire installation on my '14 Equinox. Would really appreciate any assistance you all can provide. I have been a member of the corvette forum for many years and have both received and given lots of advice over the years that has been very helpful to me and it's members, and am hoping the same from this forum. Thanks.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Is this what you are trying to disassemble?

GV10342.gif

jonox47

Reaction score
Thank you for responding to my question. I really don't see the wiring harness connection in that graphic that you provided. I have an LTZ model that has all the front collision alert and lane departure warning, in addition to the OnStar / Sirius radio, so there is lots going on up there by the mirror. There is a small 2"x3" plastic cover that I removed from the larger plastic unit mounted to the windshield to reveal the wiring harness connection from the chassis to the mirror. I want to tap into this harness to power my radar detector. The wiring harness connection seems to be attacted to the upper part of the plastic cover / bracket and I don't know how to detach the harness connection from this bracket, and am afraid to force it, for fear of breaking something. I really believe I could get this job done, if I just knew the 'secret' to dislodging the wiring harness connector from it's installed location......... Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions...

Members online

No members online now.