Problem with O2 Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbycampos

Reaction score
Hi!
I am new in this forum. I am mechanic with 6 years of experiences. And I tried to fix a Chevy Equinox 2.4L 2014 with code P0054 (heater for 02 sensor Bank 1 sensor 2) and I could not fixed.
I am going to explain: I checked the fuse, was good! the connector was good, the wires were good! the resistor for the O2 sensor was good too (4,5 Ohm), but I want to confirm something, what are the voltages for the conector, because I checked and one pin read me 12V, it is coming for the fuse, the other 2,4 it is coming for de ECU these 2 are for heater, and the other 2, 1 V the last 2 are de circuit for the O2 sensor. Why does the ECU send me 2.4 V? and i checked the Upstream sensor and the gave me the same volts and the same Ohm for the resistor and everything..

I don´t know what else can be.

The customer took his car, but I want to know what else can be.. I think, maybe, the Ecu.
Thanks

dougmac

Reaction score
Have you tried swamping the sensor with the sensor on the other bank to see if the fault moves to the other bank?

Hi!
I am new in this forum. I am mechanic with 6 years of experiences. And I tried to fix a Chevy Equinox 2.4L 2014 with code P0054 (heater for 02 sensor Bank 1 sensor 2) and I could not fixed.
I am going to explain: I checked the fuse, was good! the connector was good, the wires were good! the resistor for the O2 sensor was good too (4,5 Ohm), but I want to confirm something, what are the voltages for the conector, because I checked and one pin read me 12V, it is coming for the fuse, the other 2,4 it is coming for de ECU these 2 are for heater, and the other 2, 1 V the last 2 are de circuit for the O2 sensor. Why does the ECU send me 2.4 V? and i checked the Upstream sensor and the gave me the same volts and the same Ohm for the resistor and everything..

I don´t know what else can be.

The customer took his car, but I want to know what else can be.. I think, maybe, the Ecu.
Thanks

wbandet2

Reaction score
I am not a mechanic but had to take my 2010 Equinox in to Firestone twice because of the Oxygen Sensor which they replaced. Then, had to get transmission done at 74,000 miles and they said Oxygen sensor had to be replaced (was already replaced just within six months). The dealership part seemed to take care of the problem. My only guess is that it has to be a dealer part and not something else which Firestone had used. I normally have no problem with taking my car to Firestone but that sensor was a problem.

Members online