Power Seats with Memory Setting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken Rosey

Reaction score
My 2011 Equinox seats can be set in a memory position ( 1 & 2). When I first started driving it I set my seat position according to the manual - set position, then pressed memory, then pressed 1 and heard a beep. All was well. Then- I changed the seat position. No such luck storing it in the memory - the seat always goes back to the position I originally set. What am I doing wrong?

Ken

Ken Rosey

Reaction score
Setting the seat memory

Eureka! To set the seat to a memory, the "M" button and one of the numbers has to be pressed at the same time. I was pushing the "M" and releasing it before pushing the 1. All is well.
Ken

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Very Cool.

Yeah I thought it was helpful to know that you have to hold the 1 or 2 for the seat to move to that position.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Yeah do not push the m before the # to move it, did that and the seat will make were it's at that numbers home.

Also if you take it to the dealer and the easy exit does not work go into the options and turn it off and shut down the Nox-Terrain and give it a bit then start it back up and turn the option back on.
The tech 2 can shut it down and if they forget to turn it back on that will fix it.

ddest

Reaction score
I just got a 2012 LTZ and can set the memory seats as described. However, the easy exit does not work. It is not even listed in the configuration/vehicle settings menu in the console display as described in the manual, and the keyless remote does not activate the memory. Anyone knoe if it should work in a 2012 LTZ with memory seats option? Was this feature stripped from the 2012 or does the computer need an upgrade or dealer reset? Thanks for any info as this is very frustrating!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I hope that we are able to point you in the right direction. I have not looked at the 2012's yet but I don't think much has changed if anything at all...

I think the dealer should set you straight.

BTW Post up a intro thread when you get a chance and put some photos of your ride in there too!

G-Man

Reaction score
We have 2013 LTZ and the key fob works. Just don't grab the wife's key fob by mistake.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Easy exit works on my 2012 LTZ when my wife drives the car and she opens the door the seat slides back as far as it can go.

Easy exit does not work when i drive the car since i have the seat back as far as it will go for my long legs.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
more info
Easy Exit Driver Seat
This feature moves the seat
rearward allowing the driver more
room to exit the vehicle.
To activate, turn the ignition off and
open the driver door. If the driver
door is already open, turning the
ignition off will activate the easy exit
driver seat.