Open doors when battery fails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieguy

Reaction score
The 2023 Equnox is mostly electronics, so when the battery goes out, heres how to open the driver's door.
Equinox key pad.jpgEquinox key pad side button.jpgEquinox drivers door.jpgEqunoc insert key.jpgEquniox door lock.jpgEquinox insert key.jpg

NXR71

Reaction score
Thanks! That's a nice step by step!
Now, once you've got the car open, how do you start the engine?

On our 2020 the manual says to put the fob in the bottom of the front center console cup holder. There must be an RFID chip in the fob and an RFID reader underneath the cup holder.

I read of one person who dropped their fob and it got ran over by a car. They said they were able to put the pieces in that cup holder and get the engine started.

Big Papi

Reaction score
"Now, once you've got the car open, how do you start the engine?"
1. Open the hood
2. Replace the battery
3. Start the car

NXR71

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, the OP failed to mention which battery was bad. If it's the battery in the fob he posted a picture of and it's a pushbutton start car like my 2020 Premier then my post is correct. If it's the battery under the hood your post is correct.

I carry a Noco lithium starter in the trunk so I'd use that. :)

bowtieguy

Reaction score
Haha, yeah, the OP failed to mention which battery was bad. If it's the battery in the fob he posted a picture of and it's a pushbutton start car like my 2020 Premier then my post is correct. If it's the battery under the hood your post is correct.

I carry a Noco lithium starter in the trunk so I'd use that. :)
A Noco lithium starter. Hey, that's a great idea! My wife and I are retired and we plan on doing some traveling around New England. Since we live in Western Massachusetts, we're in a good location to take advantage of some great places to visit. We're planning on visiting the Turbo Jet boats that ride the rapids coming off Niaggra Falls, next year. There's a nice campsite just south of that. Now if I con only figure our how to sleep reasonably in the back, we're all set.

Members online

No members online now.