Oooops broke handle part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panox

Reaction score
I was takin the drivers side handle off replacing it with a chrome,I pushed it too hard ,looks like I broke the little white hook thing thats attached to a circular spring from what I could see from the pass. side I took off,took the panel off & cant find the broken part I heard fall,I seen a vid on youtube how to do this,I just purchased it,so it looks tricky to replace ,since I have bumper to bumper Im thinkin to just drop it off at the dealer,but I hate what else they might break while doin this job at the dealer,anyone replace this part,so now I have to open the drivers door from the pass. side all the time,aaargh.

panox

Reaction score
dont have any pics but the part that broke off sits behind the key insert slightly to the left,if you open any of your doors and hold it youll see the extended part of the handle that hooks inside the other plastic part inside ,I took the panel off and that assembly is blocked by sheetmetal,a ***** to get at and see & Im good at this stuff,Im sure there is probably a way to do it hopefully someone here can chime in

panox

Reaction score
Go to the "How to" door handle section,there are pics .

Staff online

Members online