Crankcase vent tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wpgmedic

Reaction score
First of all, thanks for the add. It's greatly appreciated :)

Hoping someone can help me out.

I'm looking for the crankcase vent tube for a 2006 Equinox. This is the one that hooks up at the back of the block, under the coil. Somewhere along the line, the clip that holds it on, broke off. Whenever it falls off, the cabin fills with a heavy exhaust odor.

Anyone know of someone parting out a 2006 (or other possible year) that has one of these kicking around? The new stock just doesn't exist.

Appreciate any and all help and thanks in advance

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
It seems like that vent tube is unobtainium. I wonder why it makes the exhaust smell travel into the cabin?

wpgmedic

Reaction score
It seems like that vent tube is unobtainium. I wonder why it makes the exhaust smell travel into the cabin?
Thanks for the reply!

Unobtanium is correct LMAO That's why I was hoping that someone might be parting out a vehicle.

As for the smell, I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that it definitely stops when it's hooked back up. I just want to nurse this thing through to the end of my daughter's university degree lol

GirlDriver

Reaction score
Thanks! Hadn't thought of that. Much appreciated :)
Is there a reason you can't go to home depot, lowes, ace hardware and just get a screw clamp?
Hardware clamp example <- link to HD

Or

Try a salvage yard or pick-a-part salvage place.

Or

Can the dealer give you the original part number or dimensions of the hose? They probably have a hose that works if you want the hose too. The clip won't come with the hose.

Auto parts stores will almost always have a hose that works. They've never failed me yet. They sell it by the foot usually.

Surely you can find somewhere another clip that would fit the same size hose. I'd also try to get the dimensions of the tube the hose fastens to, there's gotta be an auto maker somewhere using that same size that would have a clip.

In addition to O'Reilly's or NAPA who often have odd ball stuff in the back that will work, Ebay is another resource.

Make use of your local parts store's ingenuity. I know both the above mentioned stores will sometimes have a retired mechanic working there.

If all else fails - you'll have to get some JB Weld that can tolerate up to 220 heat. Make sure it's fresh, like fresh modeling clay consistency, a bit stiffer.

If you have to go with JB Weld, use one with the highest heat tolerance since it's going to get hot/cold, hot/cold. I know it works on hot water pipes, holding for me 10 years so far - lol, but on an area that gets so hot, not sure how long it would hold.

Good luck!

Last edited:

wpgmedic

Reaction score
So it's not the hose itself that's the issue ... it's the end that clips on. The garage I use has tried everything in order to get it to stay without success. Hence, looking for new old stock or as you mentioned, guys parting out a vehicle.

As for a similar clip, I've not had my head in the engine bay that far back, so I don't even know what it looks like. I can't find any schematic that's helpful

GirlDriver

Reaction score
And Endoscope aka borescope is an awesome tool to have around if you're so inclined to get one.

Keep us updated on your progress. I wish you the best of luck!!

If you need to know how to clear the pcv orifice, I'm happy to help with that. I'm not knowledgeable on the area you're speaking of or I'd offer more help.

Members online