Oil life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHB

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Equinox with 800 miles on it. It has the 4 cylinder turbo engine in it. Th oil life shows 58% life left. Basically used for normal local driving. Is this oil life reading normal ?

BHB

Reaction score
Dealership told me oil life meter goes by time not mileage. Car is 5 months old with the 800 miles on it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Equinox with 800 miles on it. It has the 4 cylinder turbo engine in it. Th oil life shows 58% life left. Basically used for normal local driving. Is this oil life reading normal ?

Has it been sitting for more then 3 months or you just not driving it alot within the 3 months.

I believe they have the warning setup to every 3 months, even if you are not driving it. I never really understood why they have a time limit set, but I wouldn't worry about it. I would really just rest the oil meter and keep driving it till I hit the 3000 or 5000 miles.

Cliff

Reaction score
Dealership told me oil life meter goes by time not mileage. Car is 5 months old with the 800 miles on it.

Could be on some. I know my 2015 Silverado 2500 OLM is not related to time. The last two years, I changed the oil once a year since I didn't put more than about 3000 miles on it in a year. The OLM still showed roughly 55% at 13 months since the last oil change.

Just got a 2017 Nox, so will see how that plays out.

Members online

No members online now.