oil for 2010 nox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherman

Reaction score
Have had my equinox for almost 4 years now and have had the dealer change oil twice for me a neighbor who has a auto shop a couple times and the rest I did myself. Every oil change has been done with conventional oil. No one has told me to use synthetic. Just the other day I was buying oil for an oil change and the guy working at auto zone told me that I should be using synthetic. I really didnt believe him and questioned him about his information. He was sure that I was creating sludge by using conventional oil. What should I be using?

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
Personally i use Synthetic so i can go longer between oil changes. However if you are using conventional its not a problem just means its required the oil to be changed more often. I like using sythetic because i personally don't need a oil change every 2-3k miles i used the Mobil 1 extened performace rated for 15k miles however i still change every 10k miles or 6 months which ever comes first.

I think your friend at the auto store was projecting his personal opinion on you more then a requirement from GM.

Members online

No members online now.