Noise On Startup - A/C Issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BVK1201

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2012 Chevy Equinox 1LT with approximately 40k miles. So far, I've been pleased with my experience. I also own a 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco. However, the Equinox makes a noise sometimes when starting. It doesn't happen all the time, but it occurs at least once a day. Basically, when I start the car and the A/C is on, I hear a gurgling/percolating noise. It is hard to describe, but if I turn the A/C off quickly, the noise stops. If I turn it back on quickly, it will start again. It can last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute.

I took the car to the dealer a few weeks ago for the issue and they changed the oil because they said it was low and they thought this might be the issue. I was kind of upset because they never even tried to replicate the sound. My fiancé even showed them a video of the noise. Regardless, I took the car home and the noise occurred the very next day. I drove the car for a few weeks to see if the oil change would make a difference, but it hasn't. The noise still occurs.

The car is back at the dealership and they said they were able to hear the noise for 2 seconds this morning, but that was it. They didn't check it at all again. At least they heard it this time, but he said he wasn't able to pin point it. The car is still at the dealership and I don't plan on taking it back until they have it resolved the issue. I was thinking maybe their was air in the system, but the tech said that wouldn't cause this. Any one else have this issue or know of the fix?

equilover

Reaction score
It may be caused by the fan belt. Check the tension of your belts.

Svard75

Reaction score
Gurgling usually indicates air in the heater core. Try bleeding the coolant system. Do a Google search for the process. Lots of YouTube vids about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcoy25

Reaction score
I have this problem every single day. They keep telling me either my oils low or crankshaft position sensor and that my manifolds are leaking lot Catalytic converter is bad

Members online