Messages or warning light when oil level low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcswan

Reaction score
2012 Chevy Equinox 2.4L AWD

New to forum and I've done some searches but have been able to find answers to some questions I have about low oil level and expected warning messages or indicator lights.

My 2012 has used oil for the last several year and recently it's been about 1 quart per 1000 miles but last week the engine died while driving due to very low oil level. The oil level had gone down very rapidly since last checked, looks more like 1 qrt per 500 miles based on the level and mileage.

So the questions I have are; has anyone else seen the oil usage suddenly go up in a short amount of time like I did?

In the owners manual it mentions a low oil level warning message and also the low oil pressure warning light but neither the low oil message or the oil pressure light went on, what gives with this? Does the 2.4L have a low oil level sensor, I couldn't find one? Thanks for any help with the questions.

Members online

No members online now.