LF1 (3.0L) Tune Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
21.18 avg over the trip

Was hoping for slightly better....But I was towing a sea doo the entire time (with 3 adults and the rear full of gear). Speed was mainly 70mph when I could on the interstate. For 90% of the trip I was in "M5"

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't think that is all bad considering.... Sounds like its about time for another oil change! :p

Were you able to get up with Nick about those oil filters?

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I don't think that is all bad considering.... Sounds like its about time for another oil change! :p

Were you able to get up with Nick about those oil filters?

No I didnt...I'm waiting for a print of the SRX factory aux tranny cooler to come in from my brother, going to see if installation will be easy. If so I'm going to need some tranny fluid, so I plan on getting everything then...Amsoil has the correct ATF, so I will consider a flush, tranny filter change when I add the aux cooler

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
This is kind of exciting I can't wait to see a build thread on this! Hopefully it will work for you!

Well sadly the factory lines between the SRX and Nox/Terrain are different even when sharing the same engine/tranny. Seems the radiator is a different core....I was hoping I could make them work, but they appear completely different.

Leaves me with 2 options now. I want the aux tranny cooler (Hot summers, my heavy foot, and tow alot with it)....So its either aftermarket than go with the rubber hose design that needs a splice into factory (the pull through radiator mounts which I personally do not like) or aftermarket, then design mounts and work on better hose attachments vs splicing into the factory lines

Now the look at different aftermarket coolers starts :(

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I am sure what makes it difficult is the availability...

There are plenty of coolers, thats really not the issue. I'm just not a fan of the zip tie through ac condenser/radiator installation fan. So w/e I go with I will have to make up my own mounting brackets. Then add I'm not a fan of using barb fittings/rubber hose on my car, I like everything to look as it if it came from the factory once I'm done (my engineering and quality control side)

Going to draw it out over the weekend. I'm sure I can find a a few slots I can put some self tapping screws into for the bracket. I think I might add an aux filter as well, and put a thermostat in to control the temp better. Too cold is bad, but in FL it rarely is too cold LOL...so I will see :)

But in other news...Tune is still freaking awesome :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
ha ha.. So what was the break through that made you mention that you are in love with the tune? Or were you just trying to get back on thread topic??? :D

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
We need to see that joker on a Dyno! :D

I thought about that....but that lasted about 5secs LOL. The dyno shop here in town would laugh all the way with me, they did the first time I put my cobalt on the dyno (but that put down 291whp/353wtrq on its first tune ;))

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Too bad... I have a friend on a truck forum who I know personally around here... He is tight with the local race shop owner. I have had my truck on it... I am sure that he wanted to say something about me putting my truck on it but when he saw the numbers it came up with, he crapped his pants..

Though my first tune on my truck revealed 420 rwhp.... With a diesel you can't get torque specs the same way you would for gas, grounding on the spark plugs... The guys said that he was going to buy the cable that gets torque specs through the cigarette lighter... But he never did...

SPH01

Reaction score
Trifecta Tune

I installed the Trifecta Tune yesterday and notice a large defuel on 2to3 shift at full throtle. It's fine under "normal" driving. The extra low end torque really makes the car more enjoyable to drive. Even the wife notices it. (its her car). 2010 AWD LTZ 3.0
Thanks (I'm going to talk with Vince on Monday)

2010BlkGraniteNox

Reaction score
I installed the Trifecta Tune yesterday and notice a large defuel on 2to3 shift at full throtle. It's fine under "normal" driving. The extra low end torque really makes the car more enjoyable to drive. Even the wife notices it. (its her car). 2010 AWD LTZ 3.0
Thanks (I'm going to talk with Vince on Monday)

Vince is great to work with...really nice guy, and cares about what he is doing. I would log it and send it to him, a thought though is the tranny is adaptive, and could take some driving before it learns how to shift properly under the new power band, mine had similar issues to that when I first tuned it, but I never tried it in the 2-3 shift, mine was the 1-2 shift, the 2-3 shift is around 75mph I would guess, usually by then I'm off the throttle (and expect the Nox to slow badly due to gearing lol, 1-2 are nicely setup up, 3rd is blah after that lol)...But mine during the shift would feel as though the engine lost power, then all of sudden its back, similar to torque mangement.

Camaro69car

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the tune. I was wondering if there was any way to save the stock tune somewhere so that if I sell the vehicle, I can take the tune off?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the tune. I was wondering if there was any way to save the stock tune somewhere so that if I sell the vehicle, I can take the tune off?

I'm pretty sure they use EFI live to tune and that's generally the procedure.

Anytime I've had any type of EFI live tuning, the procedure has always been for the factory tune:

- Tune stored on the tuners hard drive

- A copy distrubuted VIA email

- Hard Disc or USB device storage

This is normally done before the factory tune is wiped.

I haven't heard much form Trifecta lately but Black Bear would always be a good place to check out!

Camaro69car

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they use EFI live to tune and that's generally the procedure.

Anytime I've had any type of EFI live tuning, the procedure has always been for the factory tune:

- Tune stored on the tuners hard drive

- A copy distrubuted VIA email

- Hard Disc or USB device storage

This is normally done before the factory tune is wiped.

I haven't heard much form Trifecta lately but Black Bear would always be a good place to check out!

So basically once it's on, its on there for good.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
So basically once it's on, its on there for good.
Sorry, I was trying to convey that they like to store the factory tune in three different places just to be sure it will be readily available if reverted to stock.

Its like a backup for your backup...

Last vehicle I had with a tune did not return to stock... Lol

Camaro69car

Reaction score
got ya, thats what I'm worried about. and is that with both trifecta and blackbear?

Members online