Kenwood KSC-SW10 powered sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this unit? It is a small powered sub that has good reviews on Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KSCSW10/Kenwood-KSC-SW10.html?search=ksc-sw10&skipvs=T

We already have the Pioneer sound system with sub in our Nox, so this is for my Silverado. But I thought I would post this here as this little unit would fit great under a seat in an Equinox!

Also, do you think this powered sub would sound good mounted in an underseat rear storage box? The box has a half inch opening between it and the seat, and is open on the back. I don't know much about subs and airspace, etc.

prheaume

Reaction score
It is a 150W maximum sub, so don't expect it to make you entire truck shake. But you will have an agreable feeling of bass. I'm looking for the same type of sub, I don't want to ear my license plate vibrate on the tailgate, but I want a little kick.

Pioneer do a similar modal for the size, but with 200 or 250W maximum, saw it under 200$ on amazon.com

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Let us know how it fits under the seat! I was wanting to get a similar sub but at the time I think Infinity was the only one available. It would not fit under the seat.

prheaume

Reaction score
I don'T know if I will put it under the seats as we have a lot of snow where I live and I don't think the sub will like that lol

rbiggers

Reaction score
Yeah, I just want some nice clean bass. I definitely don't want anything in the vehicle rattling at all. Just looking for clarity.

I think there is enough of an opening in the underseat storage box to let the sound escape. It seems like most subs don't need much opening. And it will be completely hidden in the underseat storage box.

rbiggers

Reaction score

rbiggers

Reaction score
Yeah it would suck if the best fitment is when the seat is propped up and unusable.

You know, I was searching through pics earlier today on google of subwoofers in the underseat storage box, and some people actually have it set up this way with the seat folded up all the time. I want perfect sound, but to lose the use of the seat to get it???

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah it's pointless in my eyes. I did find a 10" box that fit perfectly. I ran it for a month in my truck and then needed to take it out. I never put it back in. All the wires are there and ready to go...

rbiggers

Reaction score
Yeah it's pointless in my eyes. I did find a 10" box that fit perfectly. I ran it for a month in my truck and then needed to take it out. I never put it back in. All the wires are there and ready to go...

You should put that sucker back in! I'm a big fan of a good sound system.

Members online