Power windows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scchevelle468

Reaction score
I currently own a 2015 equinox LTZ. I’ve noticed over the past couple of months that the window motors are slowing down and struggle to raise the windows. Is that all it is and is this a common problem with these with age?
If I replace the electric window motors would that solve the problem?

I am also about to change the V V T solenoid’s again. I just did this a year and a half ago. I have already changed both crankshaft position sensors so I know they are not my check engine light culprit anymore. How long are these V V T solenoid’s supposed to last?

SE77

Reaction score
I currently own a 2015 equinox LTZ. I’ve noticed over the past couple of months that the window motors are slowing down and struggle to raise the windows. Is that all it is and is this a common problem with these with age?
If I replace the electric window motors would that solve the problem?

I am also about to change the V V T solenoid’s again. I just did this a year and a half ago. I have already changed both crankshaft position sensors so I know they are not my check engine light culprit anymore. How long are these V V T solenoid’s supposed to last?
Pretty common. If you don't want to fork over an insane amount to have the window motors replaced, try putting some lithium grease on the weather stripping along the bottom of the window (and even all around for better results) to take some of the stress off the motors. I've been doing it with mine for about 5 years now .. i reapply every 3 or 4 months.

SteveK

Reaction score
I am going to try
WD-40 RVcare 3-in-1 RV Window & Track Dry Lube

ETA. They were out of stock, got Blaster dry lube. WHAT a mess it made. No idea if it works as it turned white and I removed it all.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.