Just bought New 2018 Premier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbeasl38

Reaction score
Have had it one day and so far love the way it drives. Very smooth and quiet. I traded a 2017 Envision. The Envision was nice but the auto dim display was driving me crazy. The only thing I don't love is I thought it would have the forward parking sensor to tell me if I was getting too close to something and it does not just when backing and I cannot find rear view camera in my settings.
The 8-inch display is great and even though the car is smaller than the 17's back it is not cramped on the inside at all. Gas mileage is also supposed to be better than the Envision by a few miles. So far so good, I will update after I have had it a bit longer. I am more than likely the only one in the city that has one right now, they had to have this one brought in.

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Congratulations . Have you had any issues yet ?
I am having a problem with Onstar . I have been trying to save phone numbers in the "Onstar " phone and I can't ,It gives me the weather . Onstar has no clue what to do .They dont know if it is isolated issue or all of them .I would hope it is just a software issue .
Thanks

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
Mine has now been back 3 times for the onstar .This trip has now lasted 2 days.
No one has a clue how to fix it

gpart

Reaction score
New member on this forum.

Congratulations on your new Equinox! It's a really nice vehicle!

I just purchased My 2018 Equinox AWD Premier this past Friday.

I had been car-shopping since last Summer and it was a tough choice between the 2017 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, 2017 Honda CR-V AWD Touring and 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited. Each one of these vehicles would have been a very, very good choice, but none were perfect. The 1.5L Equinox was it for me with acceptable fuel economy and enough get-up-and-go for our needs plus GREAT aesthetics - inside and out (!), flat folding rear seats and more equipment and technology which is standard in the AWD Premier than most, if not all of its competitors.

My Equinox is Pearl Iridescent with the Jet Black / Brandy interior, with the "Sun, Sound & Navigation Package" (includes panoramic sunroof, Bose 7 speaker system with HD radio and 8" touch screen with navigation and 19" wheels). Optional dealer installed equipment consisted of front and rear all-weather floor mats, wheel locks and they threw in the rear tonneau (shade) cover at no charge.

The price was $36,732 and includes $895 destination and $750 Dealer Incentive / Cash Discount. NOT included are dealer documentation (processing) fee, registration (titling) fee or sales tax. Also, keep in mind, Iridescent Pearl is a premium ($995) paint option. Overall, I was able to negotiate a surprisingly better deal than I had originally anticipated (but it took 3 weeks of texts, phone calls and a couple of dealership visits to get what I wanted out of my trade and to negotiate the price down on the Equinox - and this from a sales consultant with whom I have a very friendly - almost "friendship-like" rapport and who sold me my last 2 new GM vehicles! (The entire time I'm simultaneously negotiating for the RAV4 Hybrid Limited at another dealership).

Thus far, this Equinox is mind-blowing (to me, at least) with its engine shut-off technology, MyLink and ventilated seats. Amazing! It's a good thing I'm a bit of a techie and grasp a lot of this quickly. I can't say I've found anything that I'm unhappy with, thus far.

I will post updates about the DIC and MyLink menus and settings, as well as other tech capabilities in the near future. If anyone has any specific questions, I'll gladly try to address these, to the best of my ability.

tbeasl38

Reaction score
Mine has now been back 3 times for the onstar .This trip has now lasted 2 days.
No one has a clue how to fix it

I have not had any issues with On-Star or Voice. I did have a problem with a Acadia where the mic was loose and was making a rattling noise on the other end of the call. This also causes the voice to not work because of the rattle. They had to fix the mic so it would not come loose

jsfb6pts

Reaction score
I have not had any issues with On-Star or Voice. I did have a problem with a Acadia where the mic was loose and was making a rattling noise on the other end of the call. This also causes the voice to not work because of the rattle. They had to fix the mic so it would not come loose
Thanks ,not the same gen onstar

Members online

No members online now.