Starting craziness 2018 Premier AWD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BucU2

Reaction score
Hey all. Thanks in advance for any help.

I've got a 2018 nox premier AWD with around 90k on it. Last week the thing I've been dreading with auto shut off happened at a light. Click.

I stopped at a light the other night. The engine auto shut off as usual. When it came time to go, click. No start. I tried a few more times to no avail. Managed to roll it out of the street and then got it towed home. The next day, it started right up. I waited and killed it. Click, no start. It takes a few minutes for the dash lights and stuff to come on as well. My first thought is the battery. It was showing about 12.4. I took it to advanced and had them put a load on it and it was fine, a bit over expected CCA. Put the battery back in, no start. Later that night, it started fine. Kinda settled on starter at that point. Ordered one and it got here quick. We decided to tow it over to my Father in laws house to put it on his lift. Getting it on the car hauler nearly killed me because obviously it wouldn't start. Couldn't get it started to get it off the trailer last night. Today it started fine. Came off the trailer. Took it to the garage. It started 16 times in a row. Put it on the lift and can't seem to put eyes on the starter. On top of that, I'm not sure it's the starter at all anymore.

Anybody have any thoughts on this??

SFisch

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved? I’m having a similar issue but my 2018 isn’t turning over. The shop replaced the sensors and the spark plugs like the car said they needed to and it isn’t that. So now they’re thinking it’s wiring or a computer issue.

BucU2

Reaction score
Did you get this resolved? I’m having a similar issue but my 2018 isn’t turning over. The shop replaced the sensors and the spark plugs like the car said they needed to and it isn’t that. So now they’re thinking it’s wiring or a computer issue.
Mine ended up being the starter. If you find your starter is bad, throw away the whole car. Sorry, I know that's not helpful.

AmmoJoe

Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I bought that auto stop eliminator harness. Extra load on the starter that isn’t necessary. $20 harness is a lot cheaper than a starter. Glad you got it fixed.

SteveK

Reaction score
Mine ended up being the starter. If you find your starter is bad, throw away the whole car. Sorry, I know that's not helpful.
sorry for your troubles.
Replacing the starter meant undoing and replacing wiring. Then it started/stop started. But as you said it started 16 times before change of started. It sounds like a bad connection on the relay, or bad relay.
How was it determined that the starter itself was toast.

Members online