Issues with p0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamesf

Reaction score
I have 2011 Chevy equinox lt with the 2.4 four cylinder engine. Everything seems to be working fine except I can not get it to quite sending out p0300 code. I've changed plugs and yes used the AC Delco plugs that it only likes. Replaced coil packs and I've replaced the MAF. I've cleaned the PCV and sea foamed it for carbon build up. Ive cleared the codes. And it seems to come back when Im driving and get the RPMs above 5000. The stabilatrak light comes on too when this happens. Some times the check engine light stays on and some times it doesn't but when it hits high RPM it flashes. Please any clue. Cause it runs fine.

update; ive cleaned the throttle body and its till doing the same thing. Im starting to think it might be a fuel pump issue. any thoughts.

Last edited:

corvairbob

Reaction score
if you have a vacuum gage you can see what the vacuum is. a lean will cause misfires. there can be more causing but one step at a time. and as you may know when the light is flashing that is telling you the misfire is happening and bad for the cat. but check the vacuum, at idle it may be high but if you can route it into the cabin and have someone monitor it when it is happening and see if the vacuum is leaning on the low side then you can check for hoses off cracked. could even be the power brake booster stating to fail but hard to test that when driving as you need brakes. maybe someone had a test you can do outside of using a vacuum tester and testing it when parked. or how to test for a vacuum leak here!

jamesf

Reaction score
Well....here an update after pouring three different styles of position ring seal through it. It was still doing it and using a bunch of oil so I opened the air intake and low and behold the orifice looked like it was totally cakes over with carbon so sea foaming it will not clean that part out. Cleaned the orifice and sprayed it all down with throttle body cleaner. Also changed the vvt solenoids and the exhaust solenoids seams to be running much better and check engine light has not come back. Now waiting to see if the using of oil has gone way too

jamesf

Reaction score
Anybody ever put a vented oil cap on this? I've read in other places that you should Incase that orifice does clogg down to keep from blowing the rear main seal out. They say the fc219 ac Delco is the one to get. Just wondering if anyone has done it and what did they run into.

corvairbob

Reaction score
it can't hurt ther is going to be blowby some also hook up a system back to the intake and go old school for the pvc system, i did that it really did not stop the oil use but then if the oem system plugs which it will you have the old school to fall back on and gm did go back to that system in the 3rd gen. so give it try worst thing will happen is a engine light for maybe a misfire from a vac leak then just put the old cap back

mrearly2

Reaction score
Anybody ever put a vented oil cap on this? I've read in other places that you should Incase that orifice does clogg down to keep from blowing the rear main seal out. They say the fc219 ac Delco is the one to get. Just wondering if anyone has done it and what did they run into.
Yes. I use the FC219 oil filler cap on my '16 Nox with the 2.4. No adverse symptoms.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I have 2011 Chevy equinox lt with the 2.4 four cylinder engine. Everything seems to be working fine except I can not get it to quite sending out p0300 code. I've changed plugs and yes used the AC Delco plugs that it only likes. Replaced coil packs and I've replaced the MAF. I've cleaned the PCV and sea foamed it for carbon build up. Ive cleared the codes. And it seems to come back when Im driving and get the RPMs above 5000. The stabilatrak light comes on too when this happens. Some times the check engine light stays on and some times it doesn't but when it hits high RPM it flashes. Please any clue. Cause it runs fine.

update; ive cleaned the throttle body and its till doing the same thing. Im starting to think it might be a fuel pump issue. any thoughts.
I have a high-pressure fuel pump for sale, as well as fuel injectors if you're interested.

Members online

No members online now.