How to Install Chrome Roof Rail Covers 2010-2012 Chevy Equinox GMC Terrain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtieman

Reaction score
My 2012 Chevy Equinox 1LT did not come with the Chrome covers on the roof rack. I really liked the look of these and thought it ties well with the chrome window trim and new chrome handles I just installed. These covers are not hard to install, will take under 10min or less. I made a how to video below as well.

GM part numbers:
Driver side Chrome Cover # 20831893 Retail Price: $203.38 Online $132-$145

Passenger side Chrome Cover# 20831894 Retail Price:$203.38 Online $132-$145

Online prices vary depending on what site you go on, I recommend fastgmparts.com or oemparts123.com , many other members on this forum have their choice place to buy from online. Usually shipping on these covers is around $25-$35. I would stay away from GMpartsdirect insane shipping cost’s, especially on these long boxes the covers come in. I have even seen these on ebay as well for not bad prices, but make sure they are not the stick on ones, since those are different. Stick on ones are fine, but would not last in this AZ heat for me lol.
I bought mine from a local Chevy dealer so did not have to pay shipping, just asked if they could match fastgmparts.com total with shipping and a little less and they were able to do it after some haggling and other dealer price match, took a few phone calls, but it was worth it, one dealer even had in stock. This is how I get most my parts.

Tools you will need:

-plastic removal tool
-step ladder, if not to tall like me
-clean soft damp microfiber towel to wipe off finger prints

Here is my video I made. I apologize in advance for the shaking of camera. I am in a wheelchair ,but can stand using leg braces for short periods of time, glad this install was quick since I was trying to hold the camera plus myself up & install the covers lol Hope the video shows you the concept how they install & If you have any questions let me know, happy to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJpz5jlcZHE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

4bab18bb-9e6c-0916.jpg

4bab18bb-9e81-b7c1.jpg

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Great work man! We need to change your display name to MODman! haha jk...

Would you like me to embed this video too?

Members online

No members online now.