How do I connect my smartphone to my Equinox ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slider9499

Reaction score
I own a 2014 Equinox that does not have bluetooth

It does have a USB port, but no AUX jack anywhere in the car (that I can find)

How do I connect my HTC ONE M8 smartphone, to the car so I can listen to music?

SteveK364

Reaction score
There should be an aux jack located directly above the USB port in the center console. You also may want to check your owner's manual.

Good luck!

slider9499

Reaction score
I spoke with Chevy, the Equinox does not support media output from Android phones. The only connection it'll work with is phone calls. it is 2015, I can Skype with friends in China on my phone, but Chevy isn't able to connect my Android HTC ONE M8 phone with their 2014 automobile. No wonder people buy Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.

equilover

Reaction score
That sucks! It's the first time I have heard of a vehicle that doesn't support Android phones.

Lawliet

Reaction score
That sucks! It's the first time I have heard of a vehicle that doesn't support Android phones.

Many vehicles do not support Android phones, especially newer ones, since they all use MTP now.

When you connect an Android over USB, unless your car supports MHL (very uncommon unless aftermarket stereo) or Android Auto, you're basically just letting the stereo access files on the phone, but not the phone itself, and not that many cars that aren't within the past 3 or so model years won't be able to read phones using MTP like Android.

It isn't like iPhone where audio signals can be communicated through car's USB interface.

yosemitesam

Reaction score
I spoke with Chevy, the Equinox does not support media output from Android phones. The only connection it'll work with is phone calls. it is 2015, I can Skype with friends in China on my phone, but Chevy isn't able to connect my Android HTC ONE M8 phone with their 2014 automobile. No wonder people buy Honda, Toyota and Hyundai.

They are mistaken ! I use an Andriod smartphone with my 2013 Eq. it connects fine & will play my music either directly or reads my music MTB Usb port or bluetooth.
How old an andriod system do you have ? my old ph. with 4.? worked and my 5.? works.

pieter

Reaction score
I use a Galaxy S3 in my '13 1LT, no problemo, BUT, for phone use only. For tunez I use a 128G flash drive in the USB socket, holds way more music than a phone can...

Members online

No members online now.