Help with Intermittent Code Throwing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghart

Reaction score
During the intial pre-purchase test drive, the "Service Air Bag" light came on my 2007 Equinox. This was added to the 'we owe you' note before buying the car.

The dealership driver wrecked my car the next day when I went to sign the papers for it (drove it into a pole...) and so it was sent off to be fixed and the light checked out. Just cosmetic damage to the bumper and grille. He wasn't going very fast. Still. Can't say that was a positive sign I was meant to have the car, eh?

When it came back, they said it was just a bad sensor, and they replaced it. The light didnt come back on to and from work. Thought all was okay.

Fast forward to just a mere week later, I take a trip to Oklahoma with a friend. Not 45 minutes into our trip, the "Service Air Bag" light came back on again. This time, we watched the Passengar Air Bag indicator above the stereo flip back and forth on its own from ON to OFF and set off the light on the dash. I can't locate a place to put in a "key" and manually turn this off or on either. A few minutes later, a new light came on, "Service Stabilitrak. Service Traction Control." These both stayed on the entire trip. Even with rest stops and the car shut on and off.

The car sat for a day, then the following day we drove back home - and big surprise, no lights. And it hasn't come back on since. I left it with the dealership Tuesday of this week. Here we are Friday and I called to ask for a update. They told me they needed more time with the car because they couldn't get it to act up. There were no codes and the memory hadnt stored any either. I keep picturing someone joy riding around in my car all week trying to reinact whats going on and I'm not a happy camper. I worked for a dealership - I witnessed some horror stories of customers cars taken advantage of (taking it home, pick up lunch in it, run errands, ect.).

Anyone have any ideas or a simliar problem? I did some good old fashioned google research - and both lights were tied to a EGR issue (they arent even related, so no idea there) - but nothing solid. This is frustrating. This dealesrhip has put more miles on my car and wasted more of my gas trying to fix it then I have since I bought it! This has been a on again off again problem for a month now.

I don't want the day I get into a wreck be the day my service air bag light has come on again randomly and they don't deploy.

Frustrated,
Ghart

Members online

No members online now.