Help! 05 Nox shut off while driving & wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Hello Nox fan's,
I have a situation & I'm looking for advice on where to start diagnosing this problem...
The Car shut off while driving on the road. I opened hood & didn't see or smell anything out of the ordinary.
I then attempted to re-start & started for a second, but shuts off immediately.
It has 1/2 tank of gas & battery is ok as well. I'm guessing fuel problem.

i turned the ignition far enough to engage/activate the fuel pump,butidon't hear anything.
Should I be able to hear the Humming sound of the pump?

bad pump? filter?

any thoughts/input appreciated to assist in resolving issue. thanks!

oleg1981

Reaction score
Hello Nox fan's,
I have a situation & I'm looking for advice on where to start diagnosing this problem...
The Car shut off while driving on the road. I opened hood & didn't see or smell anything out of the ordinary.
I then attempted to re-start & started for a second, but shuts off immediately.
It has 1/2 tank of gas & battery is ok as well. I'm guessing fuel problem.

i turned the ignition far enough to engage/activate the fuel pump,butidon't hear anything.
Should I be able to hear the Humming sound of the pump?

bad pump? filter?

any thoughts/input appreciated to assist in resolving issue. thanks!

i would say its a pump! its pain in a.. to change it for you self. because you have to lower the fuel tank to gain access to it. if you don't hear any humming noise for about 2 seconds after turning ignition to the acc position most likely it is a problem. what mileage it have?

SalsaNox

Reaction score
The car has well over 140k miles...
I confirmed i do not hear any hunmming sound when the ingnition is turned to the ACC position.
I was told that I will need to start by checking the fuel pump, or ECM fuses. I'll do that when i get home from work.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
so i looked at the fuses under the hood & they looked fine. I am still at a loss for the problem. I'll keep searching.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Worked on it over the past weekend.
First, Started by checking power at the fusebox & also confirming the fuel pump relay was clicking... It was.
Discovered the fuel pump was bad. $400+ & 4 hours later, I replaced the fuel pump & now car is up & running.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
There is no access to the fuel pump under seat ?

^ As was mentioned, unfortunately no access under the seat for the fuel pump. All the work done from unser the car & labor instensive.

I'd hate to think of the 'Labor' cost/charge to have this done at a dealer or shop. :boxed:

sadly no. :( i wanted to change fuel filter but after checking how much time it will take i decided not.....

http://www.chevyequinoxforum.com/f36/damn-you-gm-2005-2006-nox-fuel-pump-457/

Thanks for the Link Oleg,...
I wish I would have found that link before I undertook the project & guessed along the way.
:whymewhyme:

SalsaNox

Reaction score
Ironically, the car had just been fueled up a few days earlier, so the tank was 3/4 filled with gas. That made things heavier to deal with. :uhoh2:
I have to thank my good friend & my brothers for their help... & the fan we used, which provided for better ventilation inside the garage... :handshake:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Ironically, the car had just been fueled up a few days earlier, so the tank was 3/4 filled with gas. That made things heavier to deal with. :uhoh2:
I have to thank my good friend & my brothers for their help... & the fan we used, which provided for better ventilation inside the garage... :handshake:

Any pictures you can provide for a write up.

SalsaNox

Reaction score
We dove right in to the project & didn't think of grabbing the camera to take progress pictures... But, I do believe my brother took some of the actual tank once we had it out, for reference purposes... I'll see if i can post any (if he hasn't deleted them).

Members online