Hello from Circle City!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RampRat31

Reaction score
Hey, guys!

I've browsed this forum a few times, and finally jumped in to become a member. I currently own an '08 Equinox LT with the 2WD and 3.4L V6, and it's getting to the point where it's going to have problems that will have me pulling my hair out. Over the last 4.5 years, it's declined in a few areas of reliability since my daughter had it, and now that she's got her '10 model, I've gotten my baby back. Prior to turning it over to my daughter, it was in rather great shape with very minor issues. Getting it back, MAJOR issues abound. The laundry list of things that need attention gets longer and longer, and the biggest debate I'm having with myself is whether or not to sink money into it to keep it around longer or just get rid of it. Rather than get rid of it altogether, I decided to register on this forum to get an idea of how much pain to expect making the repairs myself rather than blow a whole wad of cash at mechanics. The truck only has 124,000 miles on it, and it's is going to need a major overhaul of all the seals on the engine. So, here I am, and I'm ready to learn.

Hope this journey helps others as well because, in MY opinion, GM really knocked it out of the park with this Equinox for dependability and flexibility while giving me insanely awesome gas mileage. Far better than anything else I've driven or owned. More to come in the near future since it's too cold to do any major wrenching at this point.

Members online