hatchback handle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jherman

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Today I was driving and the hatchback on my equinox just clicked open. The door stayed shut but the computer screen showed that the rear hatch was open. I stopped and went back to look at it. I could not get the door to open so I pushed it shut the rest of the way. After pushing the button several times I got it to click open again but not open completely. After pushing the button several more times it finally opened. When I shut the door I could not get it open again. I figure the button to open the door is bad, but just wondering if this is common? I hope that the new door release I have put on lasts more than a year and a half.

briando

Reaction score
actually i've been having that problem with both my Chevy SUV's. my wifes does that on bumpy roads, and i've noticed that my son's does it when his sub woofer rattles real hard. Maybe some parts of the car shouldn't be plastic.

Chevygirl32

Reaction score
I agree, like the door handles and the caps for them too. Luckily my dealer is going to replace my inside door cap for free. DH broke it last Saturday night right by the lock and unlock button.

Members online

No members online now.